Sunday, January 24, 2010

Jan 8th – Return to Cycling with great Coastal views and a ride over the Harbor bridge!


My bike which I had transported from Perth by road had turned up the previous afternoon, but I didn’t have time to unpack it till this morning, while assembling it back together noticed the outer gear cog had been damaged In transit, as I was wondering how I was going to get it fixed a Japanese’s cyclist appeared it was perfect timing as he had good bicycle mechanic knowledge and got it fixed for me in 10 minuets, we had a little chat and I found out that his bike was at the hostel also having arrived from Perth, but instead of it having been transported in the back of a truck he had ridden it the 4000km across the Australian Outback from Perth to Sydney and in the heat of the summer, crazy but what an achievement!

Once my bike was ready to go I took it on the ferry to the coastal suburb called Manley, and did some cycling around the area, it was tough going as it was very hilly and was 33 degrees, but was rewarded with some amazing lookouts both over the Pacific Ocean and the edge of Sydney Harbour.

Took the ferry back to Sydney at sunset which was very scenic, made moreso by 2 huge cruise ships heading out towards the ocean, then after a short break did something I’ve wanted to do for ages, ride a bike over the famous harbour bridge! It is so high up that it is rather a huge hill to get up but was an amazing ride to cycle over such a famous icon at night with the city of Sydney and, opera house all lit up! Sorry for yet another bridge pic of the day, but it’s such a stunning bridge I guess it’s worthy of being featured 3 days in a row!

No comments:

Post a Comment