Saturday, January 30, 2010

Jan 17th - A few Hours in Port Macquarie then by an 8 hour bus journey to Byron Bay


After the previous few days bad luck and overcast weather it was great to wake up to bright sunshine and in a lovely little town surrounded by ocean on 2 sides with a river cutting through the middle and mountains in the distance, Sadly I only had 3 hours to take a look around, I was so tempted to stay on longer but due to it being peak season I had all my future accommodation booked up so decided I had to stick with my plans of moving on despite also being temped with a chance to fly a seaplane for only about £45.

Reluctantly I boarded the 2pm bus for an 8 hour journey North to Byron Bay, Was a nice journey as we passed though many more lovely little towns and I wished I had time to stop off at more of them, we also went through some spectacular storms as we headed into subtropical Australia thorough the region which grows many of Australia’s Bananas, they were even selling for 99cents a kilo, compare that to the $7 a kilo that was driving me bananas a few months ago in Perth!

We arrived in Byron bay at 10pm and were greeted by a few hippie nutters, as I tried to assemble my bike asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment