Saturday, January 30, 2010

Jan 16th – Things are begging to goto the Dogs - Waiting for a greyhound to come in for 12 hours


After the previous night nightmares and poor sleep I ended up oversleeping by half an hour which wa enough to miss by ferry by I had planned on taking to the nearest greyhound bus stop by just 2 minuets, decided I had to pedal like crazy instead to make it I then had a spoke snap on my rear wheel, meaning I had no chance of getting the bus. Fortunately I was able to eventually put the bike on a local bus to get back to Newcastle, but go there well after the bus departed and after 12 noon by which time all the bike shops had closed on a Saturday. I then had hours to wait till the next greyhound which sporting this appropriate registration plate turned up at 10pm meaning that rather than arriving at my destination Port Macquarie at 2pm it would be 2am when I arrived which wasn’t very nice trying to guide a broken bike through the streets to find my accommodation.

No comments:

Post a Comment