Friday, January 29, 2010

Jan 15th – Multiple Spider problems and big sand dunes


Today started with me going to get my leg, that would later be diagnosed as a spider bite looked at, I took some pics of the bite but have decided against posting that as my photo of the day as it’s too squeamish!

The weather was still cloudy though a little better, and the doctor told me cycling would do my bite wounds good as it keeps the blood flowing so went out for a bit of a cycle around the area, this pic was taken by the beach with miles and miles of huge sand dunes.

After the relief about hearing my bite wasn’t too poisonous and my leg would survive I needed a few beers so had a good evening eating and drinking around the hostel, however when going to bed a roommate noticed a huge Spider above my bed, and given what had happened I let out a bit of a yell and demanded the roommate to kill it, which he did a good job of with his size 11’s!

I couldn’t sleep much that night however and kept waking up jumping up in my bed after having nightmares about spiders hanging by a thread over my face.

I hope this blog isn’t putting off people visiting Australia, it’s pretty rare to get spider troubles, I’ve spent a combined total of over a year in Australia over 3 trips now and this is the first time I’ve known anyone to be bitten by one it just had to happen to me before I did know anyone else to get bitten didn’t it! And indeed it was also the first time I’ve noticed one in my room anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment