Sunday, August 30, 2009

DAY 19 – CHOCOLATE - A LABRADOR WHO LOVES STRAWBERRIES!




Had another good cycle today, Cycled alongside the Swan River, but this time inland, stopped for my lunch in a nice park and made friends with a huge black Labrador called Chocolate he was desperately attempting to eat my Strawberries but only succeeded in getting a stalk!

Cycled onwards to a town called Guildford one of Western Australia’s oldest and most charming towns with some old and historic (for Australia) colonial buildings. Unfortunately the historic old pub, around 130 years old, that I remember having a nice pint at 3 years ago was no more, it had been gutted by fire last year. Carried on the cycle a further 6km to Midland and while Guildford was a nice town the same could not be said of Midland, I thought I was back in Liverpool cycling thorough the streets of Kensington with all the boarded up shops and houses! Took the train back to Perth and cooked myself a nice fresh Tasmanian Salmon fillet dinner back at the Lodge.

While it didn’t rain today the skies were very grey and of the few photos I took they were very poor quality so for my photo of the day have decided to upload one of me on my bike ride up the Indian Ocean on Wednesday instead, taken at Sorrento Quay with the Sun setting and many nice boats in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment