Monday, August 24, 2009

DAY 13 – WACA’RD



The WACA stands for the Western Australia Cricket Association and it was where I witnessed England lose the Ashes on my last day in Perth in December 2006.so it was very fitting that I watched us re-gain the ashes on TV from just 1 mile away from the WACA so decided I had to go down to the WACA today wearing my England shirt!

I crawled my way out of bed just before lunchtime with a bit of a hangover again, Warning Aussie beer gives worse hangovers, you pay nearly twice as much for a beer but it seems to have twice the effect, perhaps its because its served so cold? I’d only had 2 pints and 3 and a half bottles, the last getting sprayed all over the place as I was opening it when we took the winning wicket!

It wasn’t until the sun was setting I finally got down there but what a perfect timing for a photo. Taken from a park next to the cricket ground it shows the WACA’s huge floodlights reflecting in the lake, I’m sure the Aussie cricket team have done many reflecting themselves today!

No comments:

Post a Comment