Friday, August 21, 2009

DAY 10 – SWAN RIVER SUNSET


Weather was much better today and despite having a nasty cold bug, once I had realized I wasn't making pig noises decided the best thing was to get out on the bike and blow the cobwebs away! Was glad I did as while cycling around the stunning swan river was greeted with fantastic views and many superb photo opportunities including this nice sunset shot with Perth city and Canoeists on the swan.

Later that night me and a few other poms took a Stroll across the road to the pub to watch a bit of the ashes test, we were greeted by a live band playing Tom Petty’s song freefallin, it was fantastic timing as within the next few minuets the Australian Cricket team began to freefall themselves eventually losing 10 wickets for less than 90 runs! Was fantastic banter as us English (Poms) ripped the micky out of the convicts (Aussies) fingers crossed we should now win back the ashes which would be sweet revenge as I watched England lose the ashes the last time I was in Perth 3 years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment