Monday, September 14, 2009

DAY 30 – AGED 30



Well today was the big day of my 30th Birthday. I certainly felt a decade older when I got up.

Some of my plans for the day got ruined by the awful weather, there was severe gails and rain, it was more like a late autumns day in England rather than Spring in oz nobody here can quite work out what’s going on at the moment with the weather.

Anyway despite the weather went up a revolving restaurant in the afternoon for a few drinks with a friend. It’s on top of a 500ft tall building and offers stunning views all over Perth, all over the Swan river and even out to the Indian Ocean 12km away it just cleared enough at one point to see the ocean before quite a monsoon erupted and we ended up being in the clouds!

We went back to the Lodge where I’m staying and after the weather settled down fired up the BBQ in the courtyard it, I put on a great BBQ for everyone stating there and invited friends I knew from Perth from my previous trips round, despite a few showers there was enough undercover section in the courtyard to have the full alfresco bbq and we had a great time and had plenty to eat and drink including this huge pavlova I made and blown out 30 candles in 1 go! My Cycling must have really given me good lung power! then a few of us went out for a few drinks before coming back the lodge for another slice of pavlova and a beer at 2 O’clock in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment