Friday, November 27, 2009

DAY 59 – AM I GOING TO THE AIRPORT TO FLY SOMEWHERE, OH NO ONLY A NIGHT OUT IN NORTHBRIDGE!


Got invited back to the Lodge where I had previously stayed for a big BBQ, was a good night until we went to Northbridge the nightlife area of the city where some of the bars insist on ID’ing everybody no matter what age and only allow a passport or Australian driving license some then take it further by photographing you on entry.

I had found out about this policy the previous week so reluctantly carried my passport on me, got in the queue for the bar and waited for ages as several 30 and even 40 something’s argued with the door staff

A 40 year old British guy almost came to blows with the doorstaff after being told not only to produce ID to show his age, but then that a British driving license was not acceptable!

I’m all for combating underage drinking, ( mean after all I didn’t have my first drink in a pub till I was 14 :) But quite frankly demanding a passport or Australian driving license whatever you age (I guess they even turn pensioners away) then demanding big brother has to take a still picture of you before you can enter has all got rather ridiculous and stressful when you just want to chill out and have a good night out.The arguments in the queue show it is more likely to cause more problems than do good, decided myself, I’m not carrying my passport on me again for a night out again with the risk that if you lose it it’s difficult to replace easily so that’s that the last time I’m going to such a bar with that policy in place.

Anyway no new pics today (I wasn’t going to carry 2 valuable items) so heres another from the Royal Perth show last week, It was sunny day and I forgot to take my hat so ended up buying a hat to look like a Aussie bushman!

No comments:

Post a Comment