Sunday, October 11, 2009

DAY 41 - MALACCA



I took a coach down to the Historical city of Malacca from KL airport, which took about 2 hours and cost me just £3.50. I had got an amazing deal on a Hotel paying just approx £36 per night for a 5 star Renaissance hotel. Arriving at my room on the 18th floor was greeted by stunning views all over Malacca and to the mountains beyond. After a couple of hours in the comfort of my air conditioned room I had to really force myself to go out sightseeing as it was so humid outside. I walked around the Dutch quarter and Chinatown areas for a couple of hours before taking refuge in a huge shopping centre. I bought 2 smart new shirts for just £8 had a meal before heading back outside where it was now dark and the Dutch quarter was all lit up so. Stopped off at a bar on the way back to my hotel planning to have a quick drink but ended up staying a while and having several after meeting some great people including the owner who arranged for a few of us to meet up for a traditional Malaysian Dim Sum Breakfast the following morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment